Search This Blog

16 March 2011

Be bold, be bright!

Reiss Danielle IN THE PRESS...

Everyone, meet Danielle, Danielle, meet everyone.

Reiss has decided to name this fabulous skirt 'Danielle', so I thought it rude to not introduce her by name! 

This maxi skirt ticks my boxes for so many reasons. To name but a few:
  1. The colour. The rich reddy/corally shade is both utterly wearable and incredibly fashionable in equal measure. Bright colours swamped the S/S11 catwalks, and I can promise you that this skirt would have fitted right in alongside big names like Jil Sander and Christopher Kane. 
  2. The length. I stand at a (some would say measly) 5ft5, so I have to keep a close eye on skirt length. Too short and well, I just look trashy (but that applies at any height!) and anything that falls in the mid-calf region makes me look like a long-lost member of the seven dwarves! So for best results, I stick to either mid-thigh or down to the ground. Plus, maxi's hide a multitude of sins...
At £110 from Reiss, this skirt is a great find for the high street. The sizes do seem to come up a little large, I bought a size 6 and i'd usually plump for an 8. I wore it last weekend, when my boyfriend and I spent a sunny Sunday afternoon pottering around Bath. I kept the rest of the outfit super-simple. A plain black tee with a long, gold, geometric necklace and some black pumps with gold details. Oh, and of course, my fave Chanel sunnies!

Much love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment